Heads Up Displays Hit with a Bang
Heads up Displays, also known as a HUD, are those things that let monitor your driving speed and other information, on your windshield.
We have seen them before, the image of main dashboard, but being displayed on the windshield of your car in a translucent way. All you need to do to see catch the current speed is to refocus your eyes. No time taken off the road while driving.
Heads up Displays for Your Car
Until now, you needed to own a luxury car if you wanted the Star Trek type display. Only recently have some of the more advanced smart phones, with the brighter display, been able to double as a Heads Up Display (HUD).
The challenge is, although we all know we are not supposed to use our cell phones while driving, very few people are willing to put their phone to another task, and no longer act as the digital assistant that we can’t live without, the entire time we are in a vehicle.
Now, we have new options with smaller, sell contained HUDs that let you add a Heads up display to almost any car your car without giving up your cellphone. These have become so popular, that the larger car mags are now even making their top ten lists.
Prices on these super cool little gadgets can cost from below $40 to upwards of $200 depending on how much money you want to spend.
List of The Best Heads Up Displays for the Money
- Before Purchase.Open your car engine hood and find the sticker,if it writes OBDⅡCERTIFIED,then this HUD can be installed.Actually, OBD II and EOBD first applied to European and North American manufactured automobiles after 2003, and for Asian manufactured cars, they have even appeared later, since 2007.
- This HUD with Abundant Display. drive speed, engine speed, water temperature, battery voltage, instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, mileage measurement, shift reminding, fatigue driving reminding, low voltage alarm, high temperature alarm, speed alarm, engine fault alarm, fault code elimination, free switching between kilometer and mile.
- This HUD support Overspeed reminding, the icon of overspeed will flicker and alarm when the vehicle exceeds the speed limit set up in advance.
- This head-up display support Shift reminder, it will remind the driver to gear up to save fuel when the engine speed and vehicle speed come to a certain ratio.
- The Car Windshield HUD supportFatigue driving alarm, after driving for 4 hours, the fatigue driving indicator light will flash to remind the driver to have a rest.
- HUD for Safe Driving: Set you free from the risk of looking down at the car dashboard while driving car. Also this 5.5 inch HUD will alarm you when you drive over the speed limit (the speed limit can be set by yourself)
- Display with Abundant Real-time Data: Drive speed, engine speed, instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, mileage measurement, low voltage alarm, high temperature alarm, speed alarm, engine fault alarm, fault code elimination, free switching between kilometer and mile. You can use the remote to change the parameters on the HUD screen while driving
- This Head Up Display Supports Shift Reminder: The HUD will remind the driver to gear up to save fuel when the engine speed and vehicle speed come to a certain ratio
- The HUD Supports Fatigue Driving Alarm: The fatigue driving indicator light will flash to remind the driver to take a rest after driving for 4 hours
- ITEQ 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Comes with a 30-day full money back guaranteed and an exclusive one year limited warranty
- Head-up display – projects vehicle speed on windshield
- Automatic brightness adjustment – to suit ambient light level
- No installation needed – simply plug into your car’s cigarette lighter
- Speed warnings – you can set limits to receive speed warnings for either Km/hr or MPH (*Does not detect local speed limits)
- Adjustable mounting bracket lets you set the unit at a desired angle