Real Estate Marketing has been changing at light speed at the same time as not moving at all. There are a couple of very important statistics that most people are not aware of when it comes to real estate.
- 50% of newly licensed real estate agents will not renew their license for the 3rd year.
- 81% of the homes sold are sold by 12% of the licensed agents nationwide.
- Most real estate agents think that print advertising is a good idea.
If you look at the three metrics above, you will quickly understand that most real estate agents do not understand modern marketing. The last statement, when coupled by NAR stating that:
99% of Millennials search online websites compared to 89% of Older Boomers and 77% of the Silent Generation search online.
Thos are still startling statistics for why all real estate agents and brokers should have 99.9% their marketing spend to be focused online.
Finding an Online Marketing Company
Finding the right SEO agency for your business, regardless of the industry, is a task not to be taken lightly. Making an incorrect decision here can cost you your business. Choosing the right company is critical in 2019.
Niche or General Firm?
Should you choose an online marketing company that specializes in real estate or will a huge SEO company do a better job? Although large SEO firms may do a great job for marketing for some specific business types, they generally don’t have the specialty in the real estate industry to understand some critical concepts in real estate marketing. There are different nitches in SEO and there are reasons for that.
For instance, the syndication of listings, maximizing IDX listings, the difference in a VOW and IDX feed and Zillow (O lord Zillow!) are all critical to understand before you should be spending someone else’s money.
Do Not Pick The Wrong One
Choosing is not easy. In most instances, you will be signing a one year contract and paying a “setup fee”. If the Digital Marketing agency you are considering is $99-$199 per month…just avoid that now.
Here are the critical questions to ask
- How long have you been servicing clients?
- How old is your longest client?
- Can I call them?
- Can you show me documentable results for past clients?
- Where does YOUR website rank for your SEO niche?
- Am I paying for ads anywhere?
- If so, do I pay them directly or pay through you?
- *HINT Alway pay the direct source for all Pay Per Click ads. Whether its Facebook or Google, the billing should be to your credit card and under your account. This gives YOU control of your ad spend and lets you know what percentage you are paying for management of the PPC ads vs the actual ad spend.
If the agency you are dealing with can quickly respond to that list, without hesitation, they are worth considering. It’s important to understand how they price also. Many digital marketing firms will bill by the hour, project or a fully managed SEO campaign. Make sure to compare apples to apples. A smaller monthly amount that only includes”consultation” for example, would require YOU to implement the SEO roadmap to rank organically.
Your first set of possibilities for your next SEO agency should be a simple Google Search. At first, don’t pay attention to the ads. Look for the organic results. Look through there site. Read their About Page. Next, you can see who is running ads to be seen. The the fact that you need a Digital Marketing, the best SEO agencies will organicallyy rank THEMSELVES to get YOU as a customer.